2016-05-22

Roman Holiday


Hello lovelies!
Hope you are having a fantastic weekend.

Roman Holiday from 1953 with Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck is one of my favourite films. Two of my favourite actors are in it (Hepburn and Peck) and the story is lovely, happy, sad and perfect all at the same time. I always wish it would end differently, still after seeing it countless of times.





It's about a royal princess named Ann (Hepburn), that sort of elopes and goes around Rome by herself, while pretending to be someone else. A journalist (Peck) ends up helping her without knowing who she is, but later on figures it out. Naturally the pair go on to have exciting and funny adventures in the beautiful city of Rome. I really don't want to give anything away, so I'm going to end there, but it really is a lovely film and I most definitely suggest it.




Today's look is inspired by Ann while she is incognito. The film is black and white so I've tried for years to figure out what colour Ann's skirt was, finally settling on it probably being sand/beige, but I went for a full red skirt from Vivien of Holloway.



I've been a fan of Vivien of Holloway since I was in high school. I remember finding their web store and falling in love with their dresses. Well, 10 years later I finally got some items from Vivien of Holloway and I could not be happier with them. The skirt is fantastic in every way. I love the bright red colour (and Audrey wears a red skirt on the poster of Roman Holiday, so it was meant to be!), the volume and the twirlability of it!


Flats: Asos (here)

The top is also from Vivien of Holloway, and even though Ann wears a short sleeve (or actually it appears to be a long sleeve rolled up) I felt like the top had the same vibe to it. I added a pair of white gloves and black ballerina flats to give the outfit the right Audrey Hepburn feeling!



I felt ridiculously elegant in this outfit, and almost didn't want to take it off. I tired to channel the elegance and poise of Audrey. I've mentioned previously (here) how she is one of my number one style icons, and also one of my idols and heroes. So a belated Happy Birthday to the wonderful, elegant, excellent and amazing woman, Audrey Hepburn. You inspire me!

Much love,



30 comments:

  1. You look absolutely spectacular. I love this outfit on you so much. Would you believe I haven't seen this film? I'm home sick on the couch with a cold so I'm going to watch it today.

    I also think you need a Vespa. It probably gets too cold in Sweden for one, though.

    Liana xo

    www.findingfemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Liana <3
      I'm sorry you're sick. I hope you feel better real quickly. Lots of fluids, warmth and rest. Audrey movies are perfect for when you're sick.

      I think a Vespa would be perfect for the warmer months of the year here in Sweden. Like from May to August :P haha
      Much love

      Delete
  2. Also, thanks so much for introducing me to Vivian Holloway. I adore this skirt in particular. http://www.vivienofholloway.com/women-c70/skirts-c13/circle-skirt-blackwatch-tartan-p1933

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure! I think you'd look amazing in any of their skirts! You always style skirts so beautifully.

      Delete
  3. I love this so much!! You look so darling and elegant in that outfit and very much like Audrey in Roman Holiday. One of my favorite movies too.


    Regina
    Margarita Bloom | Modern Vintage Beauty & Fashion
    BLOG: Cherry Lips Blonde Curls
    INSTAGRAM: @margaritabloom
    BLOGLOVIN Margarita Bloom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much darling! Thanks <3
      It is an exceptionally good movie ;D
      Much love

      Delete
  4. those outfit is so lovely 😍 . . . it remind me of Spanish lady . . . the skirt is so lovely . . . I ever made circle skirt but the fabric not long enough so I only could made it above the knee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! <3
      I do love the skirt very much. Circle skirts are pretty when they are shorter too ;)
      Much love

      Delete
  5. Oh wow Mona, you look so amazing! I'm a huge Audrey fan too and I'm totally getting Ann vibes from this look, Roman Holiday is a beautiful film <3
    www.britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much beautiful! Audrey was such an elegant and classy woman. Oh thanks! That means everything to me! I agree, it's a very beautiful film!
      Much love

      Delete
  6. This is just absolute perfection, you're a modern day Audrey! <3

    Andini xx | Adventures of an Anglophile 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh! Thanks so very much my darling! Oh wow, what a compliment <3 Thank you!!
      Much love

      Delete
  7. Oh wow, such a beautiful outfit Mona! You completely remind me of Audrey Hepburn - and I have finally realised hehe, of Jane Morris, who was a Pre Raphaelite model! I adore the white gloves! :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | (lets follow each other on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much lovely! Oh wow, what a compliment! I sort of think I look a bit like Jane Morris too... I love the pre raphaelites! Especially Rosetti, so thank you so much!
      Oh I love white gloves too - I wish I could wear them all the time, hehe
      Much love

      Delete
  8. This is such a perfect outfit! I watched Roman Holiday for the first time a week ago, and I wanted to recreate this outfit as soon as I saw it ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Amy! Oh wow! Only last week, that's amazing! Haha, yes it's a very recreatable (not a word that, is it?) outfit.
      Much love

      Delete
  9. You look lovely Mona!! Roman Holiday is a great movie :) x
    www.ambiinwonderland.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ambi! It really is a great film! I love it!
      Much love

      Delete
  10. Oh lovely! The red skirt, lips, and scarf are magical!! And of course, those close ups with your adorable dimples on display - I can't handle the cuteness!! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you darling!! Hahaha, you are too sweet :* thanks my lovely! <3
      Much love

      Delete
  11. There are so many things that I love in this post I don't even know where to begin! Your skirt is absolutely stunning on you...and it looks like the best twirling skirt ever created. :) You have also convinced me that I need some white gloves! And I will be checking Vivien of Holloway out the moment I'm done writing this. ;)

    I hope you have a splendid week, Mona!

    ~Lindsey
    http://have-clothes-will-travel.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you so much beautiful Lindsey! <3
      It is an amazing twirling skirt - already plotting which colour to buy next.
      White gloves are an essential in a lady's wardrobe ;) Haha, hope you find it as awesome as I do!
      Thank you so much! You too!
      Much love

      Delete
  12. This outfit is too cute! I also have always debated what Audrey's skirt color is in Roman Holiday. For some reason I've always leaned towards a dusty blue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much beautiful!
      I used to think it's blue too, I think I saw a photo that had been coloured later on and the skirt was blue in that. So I think that swayed me a bit.
      We can never know what colour it actually was! :P

      Delete
  13. So gorgeous and striking! I remember seeing this on IG but glad I finally read the post! Drawing from old school movie stars for fashion is so much fun! XO
    Lauren-Blair
    www.prefertobedemure.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much darling!
      Oh yay, thanks so much for reading the post. I agree, it's the best!
      Much love

      Delete
  14. This isn't a look I'm used to seeing you in, but you pull it off amazingly! You totally look like you've just stepped out of the film! I've not seen Roman Holiday in a while, I'm glad you reminded me of it!

    Sumeyye-Vintagonista

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much sweetie! Oh gosh, that's so kind of you.
      It is a very good film ;) I think I'll see it again soon, so I reminded myself as well.
      Much love

      Delete
  15. In love with the Midi Skirt!

    Take care doll!! Ps: I'm hosting a Giveaway. I'd love if you entered!
    BLOG | TAISLANY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! <3
      You take care too. Great Giveaway, I entered ;D
      Much love

      Delete