2015-05-14

Lemon Yellow



I love almost all colours. I like different shades of different colours, and I like what you can express with colours. Recently I've had a predilection to yellow.

Yellow is a colour I wouldn't have gone for a couple of years ago, but upon noticing that it goes well with my skin tone I've grown fond of the colour, to the point where apart from black it is the colour I have the most dresses of. Yellow is a happy colour, and for me it does not fail to make my day a little brighter.


When I was a child other children would often say a rhyme: "Gult är fult", which is Swedish for "Yellow is ugly". I think that might have clouded my perception of the colour for quite some time, only to now realise the joy that lies in the colour yellow.




These bright yellow lemon cupcakes fill me with joy.

LEMON CUPCAKES

INGREDIENTS

  • 120 grams butter, at room temperature
  • 130 grams sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 195 gram flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • Zest of 1 lemon
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
  • 60 ml milk

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 175°C.
Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy then gradually add the eggs. Add the vanilla powder.
In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and lemon zest.
Add some of the flour mixture to the egg mixture and then add some of the milk. Continue like this until all the flour and milk is added.
Bake for 16 to 20 minutes in the oven.

LEMON CREAM CHEESE FROSTING

INGREDIENTS
  • 150 grams butter, at room temperature
  • 200 grams cream cheese
  • 3 dl powdered sugar (icing/confectioners sugar)
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • Food colouring (optional)

DIRECTIONS

Mix the butter and cream cheese until smooth and well blended. Add the powdered sugar and the lemon juice and mix again until just combined. Colour the frosting with food colouring if desired.







2 comments:

  1. Your icing is so perfect! Your experience and practice at it shows :D

    ReplyDelete