2015-05-03

Doughnuts and sprinkles


Doughnuts are my favourite. I love doughnuts so much, but I only made them for the first time this month. Good doughnuts are hard to come by in Sweden, at least the northern part. You can find doughnuts in supermarkets but no actual pastry shops or bakeries make doughnuts. So I took it upon myself to make some of my own.

Blouse: ModCloth

As it was my first time making doughnuts I was a little nervous (as you are when baking something in the kitchen for the first time). Luckily the doughnuts turned out great, and I didn't set fire to the kitchen, so I'm viewing it as a success.


I used the recipe for Cake Doughnuts from JoyofBaking.com
If you've never stumbled upon Joy of Baking, then do so now, you will not be sorry. They have recipes and videos for basically anything you might want to bake.


I glazed my doughnuts in chocolate ganache because I wanted the bitterness of the dark chocolate to blend together with the sweet doughnut. Making a chocolate ganache is super easy, it just sounds fancy (because it's French).

You need:
  • 100 grams of chocolate (preferably dark), chopped into small pieces
  • 100 ml of heavy cream (also known as whipping cream)
  • 1 tablespoon butter

Heat the heavy cream and the butter in a saucepan until it just starts to boil. Then pour it over the chopped chocolate. The heat of the cream will melt the chocolate, and all you need to do is to mix it together.

Then use the ganache for anything!
I dipped my doughnuts in the ganache and added sprinkles. And got the yummiest doughnuts ever!



4 comments:

  1. Yum, I loooooooove doughnuts too, these look amazing!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! Aren't doughnuts just the best!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doughnuts are the greatest thing! I feel like the world went crazy for cupcakes, the macarons and now doughnuts are having a revamp. I still adore that top. Might have to get it myself. And then we can have two tops the same ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are! And I agree, baking has trends and doughnuts are so "in" right now. They're so delicious... they have every right to be revamped.
      Yay! I think you should get it, we'll be top twinsies x2! <3

      Delete